What is a Constru Casa Ambassador?
A Constru Casa Ambassador is an individual dedicated to raising awareness in their home country of Constru Casa and its mission to bring sustainable housing and community buildings to families and communities living in extreme poverty in Guatemala. Ambassadors have a passion for our work and their passion moves them to spread awareness wherever in the world they are. Ambassadors can be a past volunteer, a future volunteer, a donor, or new to the organization. No matter their past experience with Constru Casa, all ambassadors share the desire to build better lives in Guatemala.
Ambassadors are a crucial part of increasing awareness of Constru Casa outside of Guatemala and enlightening others about the realities of poverty many families face daily. As an Ambassador, he or she can use their personal skills and networks to promote Constru Casa in countries and areas in which Constru Casa has limited reach and/or access. Ambassadors are essential not only because they bring in monetary funds from previously untapped resources, but because they dedicate their time to our cause. We strive for the Constru Casa-Ambassador relationship to be a symbiotic one: While an Ambassador greatly helps Constru Casa through promotion and fundraising, we hope Constru Casa can help the Ambassador follow their passion and they can get the most out of their commitment.
What does a Constru Casa Ambassador do?
- The ultimate goal for each Ambassador is to raise money for an entire house, once time per year, whether through their own personal fundraising or through a collaborating group. A specific family in need will be assigned to you or your group to give a face to your fundraising. We can provide photos and a story to aid in your fundraising, as well.
- Ambassadors plan at least two outreach and/or fundraising events per year. We have a list of activity ideas to help you out.
- Ambassadors are encouraged to contact and work with local groups (university students, high school students, church groups) to bring on volunteer trips to Guatemala or to engage in fundraising and events.
- Maintains communication with Constru Casa via email or social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+). Not only would we like to stay informed about your activities, fundraising, and future trips to Guatemala, but we want to share your successes and inspire other Ambassadors, volunteers and donors.
- Informs potential donors or volunteers how Constru Casa uses funds (see last paragraph about Transparency).
- Inspires friends, family, coworkers and community members to commit their time or donations to building better lives in Guatemala.